Written by Director, Gareth Coles:
It is with the greatest of pleasures that I can announce Coles Funeral Directors on Heathwood Road, Birchgrove, is open for business!
Last night, in front of Coles’ family and friends, Rhian Mannings – founder of the charity 2 Wish Upon a Star – cut the ribbon to officially launch our new premises.
The whole team has been working hard (day and night!) to get ready for business this week. The building, formerly Barclays Bank, has been completely renovated to create our trademark, light, spacious and welcoming ‘home away from home’. The ex-Bank Manager of Barclays joined us last night and was amazed by the transformation…
We were thrilled to finally be able to give our guests the guided tour, and we look forward to welcoming you too if you’d like to take a look around… We know it seems like an odd invitation to come and ‘look around our funeral home’ – but it’s really an invitation to think differently about death, and for you to know that when you need us, we’ll be there for you and your family…
I thanked them last night, but I’d like to reiterate my heartfelt gratitude in writing to…
- Robert Coles – my father, the architect who designed our striking exterior and internal space,
- Our builders Rob and Paul – who, after months of work, toiled until the early hours of the morning ready for opening,
- Francesca Coles – my wife who is responsible for our beautiful trademark interior,
- The whole Coles team – for their incredible hard work over the past couple of months,
- Rhian Mannings – founder of 2 Wish Upon a Star for taking time out of her busy diary to join us,
- Fran Hall – from the Good Funeral Guide, who came to present us with our certificate of recommendation for the new site,
- Luca and Michela – for the fabulous, award-winning catering from Organicafe Cardiff,
- All the local councillors, clergy, celebrants and bereavement services teams – who toasted to our future and wished us well,
- Our extended network of family and friends – for their unwavering support and generous help,
- And our new neighbours – for making us feel so welcome in Birchgrove!
Our additional home in North Cardiff means we’re now in the best possible place to support families and their communities across the city…