Here at Coles Funeral Directors, we’re proud to support our Chosen Charity – 2 Wish Upon A Star – a growing local charity with the biggest of hearts doing incredible work to raise funds to improve bereavement services in Wales and ensure parents have the support they need after losing a child or young adult (under 25 years of age) suddenly and traumatically.
Some of the local families we’ve cared for here in Cardiff have received amazing support from the 2 Wish Upon A Star team, and as a family-business we understand the profound importance of the work carried out by this charity.
By supporting 2 Wish Upon A Star, Coles Funeral Directors aims to help the charity:
- Ensure every A and E Department in Wales has a suitable bereavement suites for bereaved relatives
- Make bereavement boxes available for parents at each of these hospitals
- Provide immediate bereavement support is available for parents and siblings
- Deliver a professional counselling service for bereaved parents
- Extend support to witnesses of traumatic events resulting in the death of a child or young adult
- Work with staff through training and emotional support
Should your family wish to raise funds for a charity in lieu of flowers and you don’t already have a cause in mind – 2 Wish Upon A Star would be very grateful for any donations and all money you might raise would be put to incredible use in the community… simply let us know and we can set it all up for you.
Please check our latest news and events page to hear about the various ways we are supporting 2 Wish Upon A Star and how you can get involved.