Working extensively with Catholic Churches across Cardiff and with vast experience in Roman Catholic funeral customs, including Requiem Masses, we’ll liaise with your Priest to ensure the most fitting service for your loved one…
As a practising Roman Catholic himself, Director Gareth Coles understands first-hand the importance of the Requiem Mass as you ask the Lord to join your loved one with the Death of Christ so that they might also share his Resurrection. We can advise on whether the Requiem Mass or Service only is more suitable for your family, along with providing suggestions for appropriate hymns, prayers and eulogies (Entrance, Offertory, Holy Communion & Recessional) in accordance with sacred scriptures.
Coles Funeral Directors will also assist you with important Roman Catholic customs such as:
- Viewing & paying respects to your loved one – to help you say goodbye our viewing room at our funeral home on Newport Road, Cardiff, is equipped with Catholic ornaments and rosaries for use in Prayer Vigils.
- Placing of Personal Rosaries – if supplied, a personal rosary will be placed in the coffin with your loved one.
- The evening prior to the Mass – we can organise for the deceased to be brought into your home or received into the Church.
- Bespoke Orders of Service – working with our funeral stationery partners, we’ll create a service that is detailed and relevant to the Mass.
- During the Mass – we’ll use our experience in detailed customs such as draping a pall cloth over the coffin to respect every intricate element of the Roman Catholic faith.
- After the Service – whether it’s the same day or 6 months/anytime after the funeral service, we can assist with the Rite of Committal as required.
For the families of Roman Catholics who choose cremation, in 2016 the Vatican issued updated guidelines over how a Catholic’s cremation ashes should be conserved after their funeral, and we can help you uphold these practises.
To discuss your specific Roman Catholic funeral arrangements in more detail – simply get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.